Thank you for your interest in working with us.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a motivated and eager-to-learn individual who is ready to take on the next challenge in their Financial Planning career. Reporting to our Financial Planning Director, this role supports our Financial Advisers. We cultivate a fun but professional environment focused on team work and learning, so you will be supported as you take the next step.
- Preparation of client advice documents including modelling of financial objectives using financial planning software
- Work closely with clients and advisers as you discuss strategy objectives and structure.
- Attend client meetings and make appropriate notes.
- Preparation of cash flows and projections
- Preparation of strategy documents
- Assist in developing strategies
- Preparation of risk insurance and annuity quotes
- Extensive liaising with financial advisers, accountants, fund managers, solicitors, banks, Count, etc.
- Provide accurate reliable research to advisers
- Mentoring of other team members
- Internal staff education
- Completion of compliance documents and audit requirements
- Reviewing of projections and implementation paperwork prepared by other team members
Key Characteristics & Skills
- Professional qualifications or currently undertaking relevant studies
- A good working knowledge of:
- Financial Planning Compliance requirements
- Computer applications: XPlan & XTool (XTools+) highly advantageous
- Financial Planning industry
- Keen eye for detail
- A passion for financial planning
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Great at working as part of a team
- Brilliant communication skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good working knowledge of Australian taxation
- Experience working with SMSF’s / family trusts and other investment / business structures
- Experience with various strategies which include investments (direct shares / managed funds / ETF’s / SMA’s / term deposits / annuities etc), superannuation, risk insurance (personal and business), cash flow, transition to retirement, retirement planning, estate planning
- Previous experience with 1 – 2 years experience as a Paraplanner or as a Client Services Officer in a Financial Planning Team is essential
If you would like to apply for any advertised opportunities or would like us to keep your CV on file for future consideration please send us an email.