A Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) is a small fund, controlled by its members. The members maintain control by choosing what the fund will invest in and how it will be run. There are many advantages of using a SMSF when compared to traditional funds, such as:
- Increased flexibility of investment choices
- Direct control over your investment portfolio
- The pooling of resources with other members
- Flexibility in the use of pension income streams
- Ability to transfer personally owned shares and other listed securities directly into the fund
- Ability to own real property within the fund, including business premises
- Ease of interaction with tax minimisation strategies
- The opportunity to borrow or gear an investment using a limited recourse borrowing arrangement
- Estate planning opportunities
Self Managed Super Funds can be a minefield with regards to legislation; the penalties of breaching the Superannuation Industry Supervision (SIS) Act can be severe. Our Kent Town, Adelaide based SMSF team have specialised knowledge and the expertise to help you establish and manage your SMSF easily. We can explain to you the obligations of being a superannuation trustee and give you the confidence and knowledge to comply with the SIS Act.
We will help you work out whether a SMSF is right for you and if it is not we can provide you with advice on a complete range of alternative superannuation products. Click here to access our SMSF video library on Crosby Dalwood TV.
If you’ve been flirting with the idea of a Self Managed Super Fund come and see us on the fringes of Adelaide CBD and let us help you understand this complex area.