Are you running your own business? Find bookkeeping time consuming and overwhelming? Putting all of your business receipts in one drawer and then trying to organise them for the next BAS lodgement or tax year can be a nightmare. Want a better option to stay on top of all of the paperwork?
Simply take a photo of the receipt with your smartphone and upload it instantly to your Cloud Accounting file. Oh, you don’t use Cloud Accounting? Well, here are some reasons to consider switching:
- Like internet banking, it works anywhere on any device – all you need is internet access.
- No software to load and no upgrading required. It’s all done by your software provider (ie: Xero or MYOB – the two largest operators).
Cloud Accounting can do much more than just storing your receipts:
- See your cash flow in real time, on your iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet or PC, anytime, anywhere! No more uploads, downloads or upgrades.
- You can choose who can access your files and what they can access. Give your Accountant real-time access – no more USB’s and printouts.
- Invoicing can be done on the spot – and payment can be taken at the same time, increasing the speed of your business cash flow.
It’s simple to use – transform your office into a paperless office with our Cloud Accounting Packages.
If you still prefer the old paper-based filing method, we recommend you use a filing system. The ATO requires you to keep payroll information for seven years and to keep receipts for five years, so it’s important to ensure you can find everything you need.
Sort your filing monthly. It will be easier to recall what items on your bank statements are and what happened in that month that you need to take note of.
Keep your records in one folder, if you have a small business, so it’s all together and easy to review.
Divide the files in the folder into different months and categories, e.g. – March Rent, Vehicle Expenses, Insurance etc.
But, if you would like to find out more about Cloud Accounting visit our webpage or call us on 08 8362 0466.