There are lots of questions to ask when it comes to planning your retirement.
Are you going to have enough money to fund your dream retirement?
Before you can answer that question you need to establish what does retirement mean for you?
- Retiring completely at a certain age?
- Being in a position to be able to afford to reduce the number of hours you work?
- Perhaps you never intend to stop working completely?
This then brings up a host of further questions:-
- What type of retirement lifestyle do you want? Travel, more time with family, downsize home?
- What will you be doing in retirement?
- What about your partner? When will they want to retire and what will he/she be doing in retirement?
- What is on your bucket list?
- In retirement, will your costs be more or less than they are now?
- Do you know how much you will need to fund your expenses each month?
- Are you on track to be able to fund your retirement income needs?
- What needs to be done now to make sure you will have enough retirement savings to fund your retirement expenses when the time comes?
- Do you have a strategy for transitioning to retirement?
With all of these things to consider it’s clear the sooner you get a professionally prepared strategy in place the better.
Our experienced Crosby Dalwood Financial Planners can provide guidance and advice and help you find answers and solutions to all of the above questions and more.
Crosby Dalwood Pty Ltd ABN 30 132 317 876 provides its financial planning services as an Authorised Representative of Count. ‘Count’ and Count Wealth Accountants® are the trading names of Count Financial Limited, ABN 19 001 974 625. Australian Financial Services Licence Number 227232 (‘Count’) a wholly-owned, non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124. Count is a Professional Partner of the Financial Planning Association of Australia.
The information on this site is not advice and is intended to provide general information only. It does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or personal circumstances.